Bloglovin

Follow

Monday 3 October 2016

FoundationFiles; Is Makeup Revolution The One Foundation, the cheapest foudation ever!?!

Foundation Files; This is where I test out different base products, from concealer to powder, tinted moisturiser and foundation etc, over a period of 7-14 days and post my findings. (Follow me on InstagramTwitter and Bloglovin so you don't miss a post) So let’s get started!!!


First off some information about me; Skintype: Combination (leaning dry in winter and Oily in Summer). Shade Reference: in between MAC NC45-50/NW43. Undertones: Yellow/Neutral.
TheFoundationDirectory; Makeup Revolution The One Foundation
Brand: Makeup Revolution

Name: The ONE Foundation


Coverage: Light-Medium
Shade: 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16

Swatch: 
TheFoundationDirectory; Makeup Revolution The One Foundation Swatches
What The brand says: This will be your ONE Foundation. ONE shade for everyone. Using revolutionary fusion technology The ONE Foundation adapts to your skin tone and texture to give a flawless finish. Benefits: Due to it's liquid formula, it is easily build-able and applied. The ONE Foundation gives full coverage resulting in a matte finish. Available in 16 shades to suit every skin tone. 


Wear time (with/without primer): The wear time on this foundation is not that great, it's not a matte foundation as stated, and I feel due to it's lightweight consistency my oils pushed through quite easily. I would also struggle to class this as full coverage, you get a medium coverage at best, and that requires a lot of layering, it also oxidised quite badly on me.

Price (ml): £1-4 for 29ml dependending on the shade.

Pros: Affordable
Shade range
Shade adjusters

Cons: Accessibility
Undertones
Doesn't live up to claims
Not long wearingon a combination skin
Suitable Skin Types: Dry, Normal and Combination (if you a willing to touch-up). All skin types if using as a mixing agent.


Ingredients: Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Isododecane (and) Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Ethylhexyl Palmitate (and) Quaternium-90 Bentonite (and) Propylene Carbonate, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol (and) Ethylhexylglycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA

May Contain: Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891), Iron Oxides(CI 77491), Iron Oxides(CI 77492), Iron Oxides(CI 77499)
Oxidation: Yes, a lot.

Any Other Information: Don't get me wrong for the price this is an ok foundation, but I really wanted to love it, I'll try it again once the weather it's much cooler and see if that makes a difference on my combination skin. However for now it's best as a mixing agent, for instance if you want to add more yellow to your foundation reach for shade number 12, to deepen your foundation tone add a darker shade etc. If you like a very light coverage, have dry to normal skin that holds foundation well, very few blemishes to cover, are new to make or looking for something to slap on to run errands, this could be a great option worn as a foundation. As you can see from the swatches it has a very liquid consistency, similar to Mac Face and Body, and needs a good shake prior to every use. I didn't get on with Mac Face and Body foundation either, so maybe these water fluid foundation textures are not for me.
Conclusion: I really wanted to love this foundation worn alone, firstly I struggled to find a shade, 12 has a great golden yellow undertone, slightly too light for my tanned summer skin. 13 is straight up ashy on me, as it's too cool toned, 14 has this weird green-grey-brown undertone that just didn't work for me, 15 is slightly too red and although shade 16 is gorgeous it's too dark for me. Even mixing shades together I struggled to get a good match, in addition it just didn't last well on my skin, I had to constantly touch up and after a few hour I didn't like the way it looked on the skin. This for me will strictly be a mixing agent from now on, but if you are looking for shade adjusters these are a great affordable option, or if you fall into any of the above mentioned categories this can make a great lightweight base if you can get your shade.

Availability: Continuing on with the Superdrug Shades of Beauty Campaign Foundation Exploration, this is another option available from Superdrug, I've not seen it in any stores, but you can get it online at Superdrug.com and Tambeauty.com 

*Rating: Dislike as a foundation, Love as a mixing agent.









*Ratings; Hate, dislike, Like, Lust, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment