Bloglovin

Follow

Monday 31 October 2016

#MyMelaricheStory; Melariche.com

I was always the makeup one in my family, even when I wasn't that into makeup, goes to show how little my mum & sister were into makeup. My mum was all about a dark plum lip (and still is) and my sister was a straight up tomboy. So I kind of felt like I didn't really have anyone to show me the way, this was way before the invention of YouTube (showing my age). I was left to my own defences, to experiment and figure out my makeup style, for years it was mostly makeup bought from mac. I dreaded going to the a mac counter (sorry some of the staff are so rude), but what choice did I have, weren't many brands catering to my melanin rich skin in my price bracket, certainly weren't any drugstore options. I'd have to save up just to afford mac at that time to be honest, which mainly consisted of concealer, mineralise skin finish powder, mascara & a flesh tone lipstick or gloss. I've felt like its taken a while for me to really find my way with makeup, it's such a shame to see that several years on the drugstore scene is not that much better than it was in my day.
TheFoundationDirectory; #MyMelaricheStory
So it's really inspiring when I see brownbeauties, taking things into their own hands, and making a change to the 50 shades of beige. Native New Yorker Jackie Taiwo, was surprised and frustrated to find that the choice of makeup and skincare for melanin rich women here in the UK is much more limited, than where she previously called home New York. Jackie has launched a website (melariche.com - an amalgamation of melanin & rich, clever) that caters specifically for the makeup, skincare and haircare needs of women of colour, and to top it off most of the brands are black owned too, I mean how amazing!!! I received items from Zao, Biolissime & PHB Ethical Beauty.

TheFoundationDirectory; #MyMelaricheStory
Zao is an organic, eco-luxury makeup brand made in Italy from 100% natural origins, it is internationally certified organic, chemical, cruelty & gluten free. The packaging is the most chic and unusual packaging I've seen a foundation housed in, and it can be refilled, meaning the packaging isn't wasted every time you need to repurchase.

Biolissime is a French skincare line that is specifically formulated to treat issues regarding to hyperpigmentation, using a non whitening formula that evens out the skin tone while increasing the skin's defence mechanism against UVA & UVB rays, therefore preventing further pigmentation issues.

PHB Ethical Beauty is a British family run business with a range of award winning handmade products, they are home to the world's largest range of Natural, Vegan Cruelty Free and Halal Certified beauty products. There's something to suit all skin types with their colour coded range of products that blend the purest organic extracts and essential oils, to treat various skin issues.

Melariche.com is definitely the place to go if you are looking for brands and products by women of colour for women of colour all under one roof. Jackie has done a fantastic job of bringing these and many more brands together, making them more accessible for you and I.

1 comment:

  1. That was an amazing content. Are you the one looking for faster re-pigmentation in vitiligo treatment? Then you must check out this Verdura mela pro cream Natural Topical Psoralen increases the susceptibility of skin to U.V raysto augment the success of Vitiligo. Proven to be safe for long term use.

    ReplyDelete